As an international meeting of people interested by this legal culture, the Civil Law Summer University gathers every year in Paris academics, legal practitioners and students from all walks of life.
CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
This Summer University focuses on students having completed their legal studies’ cycle, on professors and on professionals.
An advanced language level is required for each of three sections: French, English and Spanish.
A language certificate will be widely appreciated for students who chose a different language from their mother tongue.
- Registration fees, receiving financial supports from the Foundation for Continental Law, include training courses, conferences, visits, cocktails and amount to:
- 400 € without accomodation
- 1 200 1 200 €uros with accommodation for the whole month of July at the CIUP (Cité Internationale Universitaire) This place welcomes every year in its 40 residencies more than 1200 students, researchers and artists from all over the world.
Registration fees will have to be payed in their totality before the beginning of the Summer University solely by bank check or bank transfer.
Scholarships may, exceptionally, be granted upon specific and justified request. Two elements will be taken into account: students’ incomes and the geographical distance between the residency and the course location.
The courses, each lasting two hours, are given in the premises of the University “Panthéon-ASSAS” (Paris II), by professors and practitioners of different nationalities, eminent and internationally recognized specialists in Continental Law and Comparative Law.
The two common core courses are the following:
- Introduction to Civil laws
- European and International Contract Law
Moreover, participants are required to choose three courses, among the following five:
- Public contracts
- Settlement of International Disputes
- Family Law
- Intellectual and Industrial property
- Comparative European Civil Liability Law
As an extension to the courses, meetings with legal professions, especially lawyers and notaries, as well as methodology courses for the participants who wish to present the final exam, are scheduled.
The training is completed by cultural visits of the highest French legal institutions such as the Conseil constitutionnel, the Conseil d’État, the Cour de cassation and parliamentary assemblies, namely the Assemblée nationale and the Sénat.
EXAM AND DEGREE
On condition of regular attendance, participants receive a participation certificate to the Summer University of Continental Law. Students having signed up for the final exam will receive a Civil Law Initiative Certificate (master’s level) delivered by the Université Panthéon Assas (Paris II).
PROCEDURE OF REGISTRATION
Students will need to fulfill the registration form hereunder from January 16th to June 1st.