The Convention of the Mediterranean Jurists is an annual meeting that brings together the group of Mediterranean legal cultures and traditions
The 8th Convention of the legal professionals of the Mediterranean took place in Madrid:
“Legal standards in respect of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in the Mediterranean region”.
The Foundation pour le droit continental in partnership with the San Pablo CEU University, organizes the 8th edition of the Lawyer Convention of the Mediterranean sea in Madrid the 27th and 28th October 2016.
The Convention of Mediterranean Jurists is a yearly meeting which brings together all the legal cultures and traditions of the Mediterranean, as they overwhelmingly belong to the continental law system. It is also the focal point for legal professionals and legal cooperation international bodies to meet and establish contacts towards joint initiatives. The jurists work on this opportunity to enhance dialogue and convergence of legislation as vectors of legal certainty, and to contribute to economic growth in the Mediterranean.
Every year, this event gathers practitioners and academics of the whole countries of the Mediterranean area with panels and workshops which permit to everyone to benefit from the experience of the speakers and to exchange the best practices.
Indeed, the last years have seen the interventions of lawyers, notaries, judicial officers, teachers, judges, etc. on a lot of different subjects encouraging transversal viewpoints between legal professions.
For two or three days, over 200 legal professionals from the Euro-Mediterranean zone—judges, academics, notaries, company lawyers, and bailiffs—exchanged ideas regarding the benefits of Continental Law in the wake of the world economic crisis.
- In 2008, the Fondation pour le droit continental organized the First Convention of Mediterranean Jurists in Nice-Monaco.
- In 2009, the Second Convention of Mediterranean Jurists was held in Cairo, and focused on the topic: “Continental Law: Innovative Solutions to the World Economic Crisis.”
- In 2010, the Third Convention of Mediterranean Jurists took place in Rome focusing on the topic: “SMEs within the Euro-Mediterranean Space: Investment and Payment Security”.
- In 2012, the Fourth Convention of Mediterranean Jurists took place in Algiers.
- In 2013, The Fifth Convention of the Mediterranean Jurists took place in Rabat.
- In 2014, The Sixth Convention of the Mediterranean Jurists took place in Belgrade.