What is the Summer School of civil law ?
An international legal event taking place this summer in Paris, from 1 to 19 July 2024, will bring together many students and legal practitioners from all around the world.
Our ambition is to provide all participants a body of knowledge in civil law, its evolution, and its influence on the legal and economic models currently under construction in the world.
The richness of our Summer School lies in the quality of the education, provided in the prestigious University Panthéon-Assas (Paris II), as well as in the diversity of the legal cultures that are represented.
We are particularly excited by the international dimension of this event, from the participants to the promotion of different legal cultures, offering many opportunities to meet and discuss with others.
The program comprises one mandatory course:
- The Civil Law Systems: A Comparative Perspective (10 hours)
Three optional courses, to be chosen from the following five:
- European and International Contract Law (10 hours)
- Settlement of International Disputes (10 hours)
- Digital Law – Protection of Personal Data and Artificial Intelligence (10 hours)
- Environmental Law (10 hours)
- Constitutional Law and Fundamental Rights & Freedoms (10 hours)
- Comparative legal systems : An economic perspective (2 hours)
Have a look at the program here!
If successful at the final examination, participants will be awarded a Training Certificate in Civil Law from the University Panthéon-Assas (Paris II).
The Foundation will also organize meetings with leading French legal industry members, including lawyers, notaries, bailiffs, commercial court clerks and company lawyers, as well as a cultural program of visits to the best French legal institutions such as the Conseil Constitutionnel, the Sénat, the Assemblée Nationale, the Tribunal de Commerce, the Conseil d’État etc.
At the end of the Summer School, participants can join the LinkedIn Alumni group, becoming part of a vast network of legal professionals worldwide.
Anyone who has completed at least 3 years of legal studies (law students, legal practitioners, etc.)
Available in 3 languages
French, English and Spanish
A good level of skill will be required for your chosen language
The registration fee, which is already subsidized by the Foundation is :
- €779 without accommodation
- €1749 with accommodation from June 30 to July 22, 2024, in a single room at the Cité Internationale et Universitaire, a beautiful campus located in the heart of Paris, and from where the courses will take place.
The rates include : courses, conferences, cocktails and institutional visits.
The rates don’t include : catering, travel and accommodation expenses.
Registration fees can be paid by bank transfer, credit card or cash directly at the
Fondation’s offices in Paris. No other form of payment is accepted. Payment in
instalments is possible on request.
Scholarship may be awarded in exceptional cases and on justified request.
You can stay at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris (CIUP), subject to availability.
Hosting, in single rooms, will be available from June 30 to July 22.
Services include :
- Access to the communal kitchens of the house where you will be staying
- Access to laundry facilities (washing charged at 3.5€, drying free)
- Bed linen and towels (changed every 15 days)
- High-speed WIFI in all areas of the CIUP (apartments and communal areas)
- Individual fridge available
- Housekeeping: daily in common areas, once a week in bedrooms
The CIUP also offers several restaurants and cafeterias
Please note that it is not possible to choose the house in which you will be staying, as the
allocation is made directly by the CIUP.
For any question, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find all the information and news about this 2024 edition in our social medias.
Corporate lawyer at Mezzo Production LLC
All in all, this summer school is a unique opportunity to develop yourself both professionally and as a person, surrounded by lawyers from all around the world enables you to learn a lot about their jurisdictions and to share your knowledge while representing your country as well.»
Corporate lawyer at Benclinov&Associates- Romania
Lawyers at the Bar of Pointe-Noire, Republic of Congo